Swanky Scrunchie

Scrunchie – Whenever I’m chillen in my sweats, there is a 99.9% chance my hair is in a scrunchie. It’s the epitome of hang-time, the grungiest of grunge looks, and the cloudy with a chance of never leaving bed kind of spirit. Swankyadj. 1. A person or object that is posh, high-class, glamorous, classy, upmarket, etc. Paired side-by-side I consider this the godfather of oxymorons; quite frankly it is the paradigm that runs not only my life, but also my fashion style.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sequins and Skittles




(Blouse: Theory, Blazer: Maje, Shorts: sample sale on 5th ave, Shoes: Vera Wang Lavender, Bag: Alexander Wang)

               Lights! Camera! Skittles? Lets try that again: Lights! Camera! Sequins! Okay a little cheesy but I thought Campus Candy would be a vibrant venue for a photo shoot. This post is a shout out to those poor bedazzled garments that are thrown in the back of our closets, accumulating dust after wearing them once, more specifically on the night of December 31st. Sequins are most commonly worn for a night out on the town; however, throw in a daytime bag and nude flats, and you have yourself a chic outfit for work. The dapper blush blouse tones down the sequin shorts, giving the outfit a more conservative vibe. When I first saw this blazer in Paris at a store called Maje, we fell in love. Trying to cut back on my shopping splurges in Parí, I resisted buying it. While perusing one of my best friend’s closets at school (thanks Alyssa), there she was, her glamorous cerulean sequins staring right back at me! This bag is an absolute must; it takes the basic black satchel to the next level with its adorned rustic gold studs. So ladies, do something bold and take your outfit to the next level by incorporating some swanky sparkle!
Au Revoir,
Nikki




No comments:

Post a Comment