Swanky Scrunchie

Scrunchie – Whenever I’m chillen in my sweats, there is a 99.9% chance my hair is in a scrunchie. It’s the epitome of hang-time, the grungiest of grunge looks, and the cloudy with a chance of never leaving bed kind of spirit. Swankyadj. 1. A person or object that is posh, high-class, glamorous, classy, upmarket, etc. Paired side-by-side I consider this the godfather of oxymorons; quite frankly it is the paradigm that runs not only my life, but also my fashion style.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Summer Lovin'








Danielle: (Blouse: Forever 21, Skirt- Free People, Clutch: Vintage, Flats: Yosi Samra)
Me: (Blouse: Joie, Pants: LF, Necklace H&M, Belt: Vintage, Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell, Bag: Matt&Nat)
                      Due to the fact that its almost mid October and the weather in Madison is still hitting 78°F we are holding on to summer as long as we can. Danielle’s skirt is my “go to” pool party cover-up, however paired with a linen blouse and evening clutch it is instantly transformed into the perfect “lets meet for drinks” outfit. The chiffon material drapes so elegantly and can be worn tied in a knot to show off a little leg as shown in the fourth picture. Yet again, more snake print, I know I’m going overboard (the background, the bracelet, the clutch, the shoes) but it’s a phase so join in!
             When I saw these pants crinkled in a ball in the corner at the LF sale, I knew it was meant to be. I saw two people pick them up and make that “eeek” face; haven’t they heard the expression don’t yuck my yums! These pants not only feel like pajamas, but they can easily be dressed up or down. I chose to wear a loose fitting neutral blouse and turquoise necklace to enhance the pattern of the pants. The belt feminizes this flowy outfit by cinching the waist and defining my curves. The Jeffrey Campbell oxfords are the perfect everyday shoe; they match with virtually everything and add a fashionista flare to every outfit. The last picture I had to post; I couldn’t ask to go to a more beautiful school. The sailboats and sunset are the epitome of summer lovin’. 
-Nik


No comments:

Post a Comment