Swanky Scrunchie

Scrunchie – Whenever I’m chillen in my sweats, there is a 99.9% chance my hair is in a scrunchie. It’s the epitome of hang-time, the grungiest of grunge looks, and the cloudy with a chance of never leaving bed kind of spirit. Swankyadj. 1. A person or object that is posh, high-class, glamorous, classy, upmarket, etc. Paired side-by-side I consider this the godfather of oxymorons; quite frankly it is the paradigm that runs not only my life, but also my fashion style.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Break Boredom




(Blouse: Patterson J. Kincaid, Vest: 525 America, Pants: 7for all mankind, Hat: Urban Outfitters)

When we were eight, we played with Barbies; when we were sixteen, we played with boys; when we’re twenty-one, well, we play dress up. As the deluge of rain refuses to cease, my best friend and I are quite literally rained-in. After watching the entire season of Revenge (we are hooked), reliving our nostalgic memories of playing dress-up seems like the next best option. Alexa’s debonair blouse is made of white chiffon silk; its sheerness is sexy yet tasteful. The detail on the sleeves and the collar is fabricated with scrunched material that has a raw finish, giving it a victorian Mozart vibe. I nicknamed these pants “velduroys,” they’re not quite corduroys, they’re not quite jeans, yet they are quite velvet. Velduroys are this winter’s new jeggings; paired with the fur fest, this outfit’s fierce fashionista flames can put out any winter chill. It’s a tidbit incongruous that this hat is my staple summertime pool accessory, but after all, we are playing dress up. Engrossing our mundane minds in clothing is the perfect way to cure our break boredom blues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment