Swanky Scrunchie

Scrunchie – Whenever I’m chillen in my sweats, there is a 99.9% chance my hair is in a scrunchie. It’s the epitome of hang-time, the grungiest of grunge looks, and the cloudy with a chance of never leaving bed kind of spirit. Swankyadj. 1. A person or object that is posh, high-class, glamorous, classy, upmarket, etc. Paired side-by-side I consider this the godfather of oxymorons; quite frankly it is the paradigm that runs not only my life, but also my fashion style.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Fall Back





(Sweater: Calvin Klein, T-Shirt: Wildfox, Corduroys: Forever21, Shoes: Sam Edelman, Belt: Hermes, Ring: Soixante Neuf)
             The time has come to say goodnight to the sun at 4:00pm, as winter begins to permeate the fall sky. While the world may have gained an extra hour of sleep, we have lost both the leaves and the daylight. It's ironic they call it daylight savings; isn’t daylight losings (if grammatically correct) more appropriate? That being said, the time has come to whip out the winter corduroys. Burnt auburn seems to be really in; paired with neutrals and beiges this outfit reminds me of a cozy fire. A vintage T is my best friend; it adds a laidback yet chic feel to any outfit. The feather trim on this sweater picks up the leopard color scheme of the loafers. If we’re going to fall back, we might as well do it in style J.

xX, Nik


No comments:

Post a Comment