Swanky Scrunchie

Scrunchie – Whenever I’m chillen in my sweats, there is a 99.9% chance my hair is in a scrunchie. It’s the epitome of hang-time, the grungiest of grunge looks, and the cloudy with a chance of never leaving bed kind of spirit. Swankyadj. 1. A person or object that is posh, high-class, glamorous, classy, upmarket, etc. Paired side-by-side I consider this the godfather of oxymorons; quite frankly it is the paradigm that runs not only my life, but also my fashion style.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

What's In The Mix





(Skirt: Zara, Blouse: Equipment, Sweater Vest: BB Dakota, Flats: Chanel, Wedges: Sam Edelman, Bag: Givenchy, Watch: Michael Kors, Headband: Missoni, Sunglasses: Prada)

               In my opinion, it takes much more dexterity to clash an outfit than to match an outfit. Sometimes it’s fun to think outside the box by mixing patterns and colors that most people would eschew. Neon and leopard? Heavy sweater and delicate skirt? This outfit is a quintessential mish-mosh of conflicting styles, seasons, and colors, but somehow it works. I simply couldn’t decide which shoes to wear, then it dawned on me, I didn’t have to! The edgy Sam Edelman wedges dress it up; the espadrille flats tone it down. I’m the biggest advocate of capacious bags, drawing inspiration from the eminent Mean Girls quote, “That’s why her bag is so big, its full of secrets!” I may have slightly changed the quote, however that is beside the point. A bag of this amplitude makes me feel like Mary Poppins, quite literally I can fit CVS in here. I highly recommend next time you’re getting dressed, choose completely contrasting audacious statement pieces, and somehow make them work. So what’s in your mix? 

No comments:

Post a Comment