Swanky Scrunchie

Scrunchie – Whenever I’m chillen in my sweats, there is a 99.9% chance my hair is in a scrunchie. It’s the epitome of hang-time, the grungiest of grunge looks, and the cloudy with a chance of never leaving bed kind of spirit. Swankyadj. 1. A person or object that is posh, high-class, glamorous, classy, upmarket, etc. Paired side-by-side I consider this the godfather of oxymorons; quite frankly it is the paradigm that runs not only my life, but also my fashion style.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Forever 21






(Blouse: Forever 21, Skirt: Forever 21, Shoes: Guiseppe Zanotti, Necklace: Forever 21)
         
              21, it’s that age we've pretended to be since we were 17 years old (thank you shady smoke shop on Sullivan and Bleeker for those dapper fake Maine IDs), but when that life milestone is in the rearview mirror, suddenly you want to slam on the breaks. Enough with the sentimental talk I get it, but I find myself wanting to embrace the child within (and I do not meant literally). What’s more Crayola and Gymboree than color blocking? This spring, neons and bold colors are everywhere; brace yourselves because matching is out and clashing is in. Yellow top, blue skirt? Wish I had a neon pink blazer to throw over this getup and some swanky green shoes, but hey, I’ll settle for this. Saddle up, because while 22 is just ahead, I can only wish to freeze time and stay Forever 21. 

No comments:

Post a Comment