Swanky Scrunchie

Scrunchie – Whenever I’m chillen in my sweats, there is a 99.9% chance my hair is in a scrunchie. It’s the epitome of hang-time, the grungiest of grunge looks, and the cloudy with a chance of never leaving bed kind of spirit. Swankyadj. 1. A person or object that is posh, high-class, glamorous, classy, upmarket, etc. Paired side-by-side I consider this the godfather of oxymorons; quite frankly it is the paradigm that runs not only my life, but also my fashion style.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Puss in Boots





(Boots: Catarina Martins, Skirt: Elizabeth and James, Top: Forever 21, Bag: Botkier)

              While Puss and Boots may be animated, his combat kickers make a fashionable statement off screen. This getup reminds me of Puss and Boots gone Ace Ventura, the edgy boots can be attributed to the brazen feline while the collar and Hawaiian-esk pattern remind me of the crazed animal detective. Asymmetrical skirts that are shorter in the front are big right now; it’s the perfect way to show off your shoes. Sorry Pixar, the crossbones and skulls make the boots PG-13, but they are definitely a hit at the box office; I cannot take them off. This outfit somehow makes a feminine bohemian skirt mix well with a structured conservative top and some badass boots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment