Swanky Scrunchie

Scrunchie – Whenever I’m chillen in my sweats, there is a 99.9% chance my hair is in a scrunchie. It’s the epitome of hang-time, the grungiest of grunge looks, and the cloudy with a chance of never leaving bed kind of spirit. Swankyadj. 1. A person or object that is posh, high-class, glamorous, classy, upmarket, etc. Paired side-by-side I consider this the godfather of oxymorons; quite frankly it is the paradigm that runs not only my life, but also my fashion style.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Serenaded in Silliness





Alexa: (Dress: Parker, Jacket: Grandma's closet, Headband: American Apparel, Shoes: Cynthia Vincent) 
Me: (Blouse: Joie, Button-Down: Urban Outfitters, Jeans: Hudson, Boots: Vintage) 

              The echelon associated with the fashion world is usually thought of as pretentious, however, at the end of the day, doesn’t everybody need to get dressed? I wanted to take down the intensity a few notches and make this post silly. Paired with a 12-inch 1920’s beatnik cigarette holder, a cloche hat, and a bob cut, Alexa’s outfit is my allusion of a contemporary flapper. My grandmother gave me this mink coat, which was most likely designed in the roaring 20’s. The same look can be pulled off with a faux; walk into any Forever 21 and I can almost guarantee you will find one for less than $50. Alexa’s ensemble is sexy, elegant, and chic; mine, on the other hand, is avant-garde, hipster, and head turnin’. I would compare myself to an LA street rat with some feminine funk. The skull and cross bones scarf tied around my head, the plaid button down rolled at the sleeve, along with these combat boots will kick away anyone who tries to mess. This soft blouse, delicately knotted, and pearls around my neck take the edge off this outfit in the same way a well-deserved drink does at happy hour. Never put your nose too far in the air; either swim in silliness or drown in derision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment