Swanky Scrunchie

Scrunchie – Whenever I’m chillen in my sweats, there is a 99.9% chance my hair is in a scrunchie. It’s the epitome of hang-time, the grungiest of grunge looks, and the cloudy with a chance of never leaving bed kind of spirit. Swankyadj. 1. A person or object that is posh, high-class, glamorous, classy, upmarket, etc. Paired side-by-side I consider this the godfather of oxymorons; quite frankly it is the paradigm that runs not only my life, but also my fashion style.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Scrambled




(Shrug: Alice&Olivia, Tank: SUNNER for Saks Fifth Avenue, Skirt: Zara, Knee-Highs: Urban Outfitters, Booties: Pour la Victoire)

           I never thought that clothes could be thrown into the same category as eggs, however the first word that came to mind when making this outfit was scrambled. I love the colors of this corset top; they’re so vibrant and fun! It is the perfect top to wear with those bright colored jeans that are trending right now. However, I opted for a more neutral bottom, a beige leather skirt, leaving the bright colors for my upper half. I cannot quite put my finger on it, but something about knee-highs gets me.  Paired with heels they add some swankanista points to anyone’s style. I take my outfits like I take my eggs, well done ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment