Swanky Scrunchie

Scrunchie – Whenever I’m chillen in my sweats, there is a 99.9% chance my hair is in a scrunchie. It’s the epitome of hang-time, the grungiest of grunge looks, and the cloudy with a chance of never leaving bed kind of spirit. Swankyadj. 1. A person or object that is posh, high-class, glamorous, classy, upmarket, etc. Paired side-by-side I consider this the godfather of oxymorons; quite frankly it is the paradigm that runs not only my life, but also my fashion style.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ahoy



(Shirt: Alexander Wang, Jeans: Gap, Flats: Sam Edelman, Bag: Balenciaga, Necklace: from Croatia)


            Captain Jack Sparrow coming to you live from the living room! Well not literally, but this oversized striped grunge tee reminds me of the notorious pirate. Usually I pair this shirt with leggings and boots for class. However, gray-washed jeans, piano flats, and a statement necklace use their magical powers and take this tee to the next level; it’s the perfect ensemble for a night of drinks with the gals. The ultimate sartorial swank this season is pattern mixing, hence the stripes and leopard. I am trying my best to think of some clever way to relate leopard to pirates, but it’s just not happening. Pardon my creative juice today, and stay toooned for more posts. That’s allllll folks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment